In June-July 2022, the Colorado Maternal Mental Health Collaborative conducted a survey of participants. The survey aimed to learn more about participants in the Collaborative, how they want to be involved and preferences for how we can take action. We received 73 responses to the survey, and this is what participants shared:
- 46% would like more involvement in the Collaborative
- 69% of respondents prefer virtual meetings over in-person
- 50% of respondents have lived experience of maternal mental health conditions
- When asked about possible activities, the greatest interest is in more training (60% of respondents very or somewhat interested)
- When asked about topics to learn more about, respondents were most interested in community programs, new research on maternal mental health, and equity, systemic racism, and injustice in maternal mental health
- When asked about help needed to achieve your goals, the most endorsed responses were materials/resources to share, more education about best practices, and opportunities to connect with others working in this area
Thanks to all who participated in the survey and for sharing your feedback. Congratulations to our grand prize drawing winner Lara O'Shaughnessy, LSW who won free training from Postpartum Support International on Perinatal Mood and Anxiety Disorders.
We will continue to create spaces and activities that address these preferences. If you are interested in getting more involved in the Collaborative, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.